Encoding problem (6 posts)

  1. matrixino
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I'm getting weird html entities in posts when my feed content has accented character. For example à results in ã (&atilde, which is not even the correct entity) in my posts. How can i fix it?


  2. lkeels
    Posted 2 years ago #

    That isn't a problem with the plugin, it's coming from the feed itself. I use a plugin called "Search & Replace" to fix issues coming from feeds.

  3. matrixino
    Posted 2 years ago #

    No, it's a plugin problem because I tried 4-5 other plugins with the same purpose and they all didn't have this problem.

  4. bijibuji
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Are you facing this with all your feed links, and every item in that feeds, or some of some?

  5. matrixino
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I have only 1 feed and yes it does the same thing for each item in that feed. Before uninstalling this plugin (I had to, meanwhile I'm using WPeMatico which is working good) I noticed it was actually not the same wrong characted every time, but each accented one had it's own wrong replace. Also I noticed it was not the standard weird characted u usally get when there is an encoding problem, i never seen accented chars replaced with those in case of encoding mismatch.

  6. bijibuji
    Posted 2 years ago #

    copy your html encoded text, from your blog and paste it to one of these online HTML decoders to find the exact, decoded text.I think you have something other than ALFANUMMERC ASCII chars, in your text.
    Let me know if thats the case.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • FeedWordPress
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic


No tags yet.