Support » Plugin: Contact Form 7 » Encoding errors (HTML tags visible) inside the email body

  • Resolved Fery Rohrer

    (@ferylee)


    Hi,

    Since not long time ago, this website: http://formentera20.com/ca/inscripcio/ started suddenly to produce strange Encoding errors (HTML tags visible) inside the email body… even I have activated the “Use HTML content type” checkbox.

    Here is an example of the email I receive, sendet from the form in Catalan:


    Respondre a: fery@ferydesign.com
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

    <p>De: Fernando <fery@ferydesign.com></p>
    <p><b>Formulari de inscripció: (català)</b></p>
    <p><b>Professió:</b> test ca
    <b>Domicili:</b> dom
    <b>Població:</b> Barcelona
    <b>Provincia:</b> BARCELONA
    <b>Telèfon:</b> 654
    <b>DNI:</b> 477
    <b>E-mail:</b> fery@ferydesign.com</p>

    This is what I tried to do to solve the problem, but without luck:
    – I created the 3 forms from scratch and delete the old ones.
    – I disabled the other plugins.
    – All Plugins and WordPress is up to date.

    Now I’m a bit stuck in this problem. Please help!

    Thanks,
    Fery

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Please,

    Can somebody help me out with this? In 5 days the inscriptions start and for a strange reason the email output is not correct…

    Thank for your help!

    Step by step approach to problem solving

    1. Switch temporarily to a WordPress default theme (Twenty Eleven etc.) and see if the problem goes away.

    If it does, you’ve most likely got a problem with your current WordPress theme.

    If switching to default theme doesn’t help it could be one of the plugins you are using that is causing the problem.

    2. Disable all plugins other than Contact Form 7

    If doing that solves the problem, you can then add back each item – one by one, until you find the cause of the problem.

    Thanks buzztone. After trying your suggestions without success I finally I found a post that lead me to the right direction: Contact Form 7, How to hide : MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/HTML; charset=UTF-8 Content-T

    Problem was the content I had added long time ago inside the “Additional header” inside “Mail Tab”… actually I don’t even remember why I added this. So I removed the content (Respondre a: [your-email]) that was inside the additional header field, and the problem was solved!

    If this resolves your question, it helps others contributing here, if you can flag your post as [resolved]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Encoding errors (HTML tags visible) inside the email body’ is closed to new replies.