Simple Content Templates
[resolved] Encoding! (7 posts)

  1. answercop
    Posted 3 years ago #

  2. meslahik
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Same Problem ...

  3. Case_f
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Same here (Czech language). The problem is that the table fields use latin1_swedish locale settings.

    I've managed to fix it, but please note I only have a very limited understanding of PHP and SQL, so I'm not sure whether this might cause any problems or not! So do at your own risk.

    First, edit the plugin code itself. Find this line:


    and change it to:


    Then, you need to alter the table itself. I've done it using the MySQL web console on my hosting, not sure if it's standard or not. Anyway, you need to locate table wp_simple_posts_templates in your wordpress install database. Then you need to change the collate settings of the individual fields - in my MySQL console, I had to click on the "Structure" tab, check the checkboxes next to title, excerpt and content fields, click Edit and then change the collate charset from "latin1_swedish_ci" to "utf8_general_ci".

    But then you also need to change the default charset of the whole table, otherwise it will reset back to latin1_swedish. So I've ran this SQL command on the table:

    ALTER TABLE `wp_simple_posts_templates` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci

    And done. Now the plugin supports Czech characters just fine.

  4. Clifton Griffin
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Hi guys,

    I just uploaded version with UTF8 support. Sorry for messing this up!

    Upon activation, it should alter your table to use UTF8 instead of latin1 encoding.


  5. answercop
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.6' (T_DNUMBER) in /home/admin/domains/xxxxxx/public_html/ok/wp-content/plugins/simple-post-template/simple-post-template.php on line 35

  6. Clifton Griffin
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    My fault.

    I added some numbers to the version number but didn't enclose it in a string. Depending on your PHP version, that's why you would get a fatal error.

    The latest update should fix that.

    So sorry.

  7. answercop
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Works great!

    Very helpful plugin!

    Thank you)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Simple Content Templates
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic