I imported about 40 posts plus users to a fresh install of WordPress on a test domain.
Then I enabled multisite, and it seems to be fine.
Posts and excerpts show up on the front page.
Posts show up in the editor.
But clicking on the titles or "more" on the front page yields a Page not found error.
Here's the reason:
Before the multisite enabling, post addresses were like this:
After enabling multisite, WP lists addresses like this:
On the front page, the links include the /blog/ subdirectory, but posts are "not found" when clicking on titles.
In the editor, the Permalinks are without the /blog/ subdirectory, posts show up fine, except "Preview" renders a "page not found error."
Basically, no links on the home page work -- no categories, no comments, no posts, nothing.
I tried "repairing" the database. Made no difference.
There has to be an easy solution to this, but I can't see it. (I could edit the database manually, but don't really want to!)
CORRECTION: Some links work:
As a matter of fact, all the page links work, even though they are not linked to a (virtual) subdirectory. But the posts yield error messages with or without the /blog/.