For those of you that, for whatever reason, cannot seem to get your administrator password stuff sorted out, I have made a script that will insert your chosen password into the database.
It requires that you know the administrator username. Nothing else.
It updates the administrator password, and shoots off an email.
Even if you dont get the email, the password is still changed.
This is not a plugin, and you do not need to be logged in to use it. Obviously, if you could login, you wouldn’t need it.
Do not upload this to your plugins directory.
1. Unpack the zip.
2. Upload emergency.php to the root of your WordPress install (the same directory that contains wp-config.php)
3. Open http://www.yourdomain.com/emergency.php in your favorite browser
4. Follow the simple instructions.
5. When you are done, delete emergency.php off your server. Do not leave it up for someone else to come along and use.
- The topic ‘emergency password reset script’ is closed to new replies.