If I understand what you’re asking, the steps I’d use are
1. In the themes directory, copy page.php (or another appropriate template file) to, say, tpl-listings.php. Edit it and put the following code at the very top:
<?php /* Template Name: Listings */ ?>
2. Edit tpl-listings.php and find the guts of the page (probably “the Loop”) and replace that with
<IFRAME SRC="http://Link to the Listing Site" TITLE="your title" frameborder=0> <!-- Alternate content for non-supporting browsers --> <a href="http://Link to the Listing Site">Text for the no-frames Link</a> </IFRAME>'
3. Create a page in WordPress and associate it with the page template Listings. [See the “Page Template” drop down over on the right of the “Write Page” screen. “Listings” should be one of your choices there.] Publish the page and the external web page should show up in the WordPress context.
4. There are other attributes of the IFRAME tag (see, for instance, this site) that should allow you to fine tune the placement of the external page.
You may be thinking of something more sophisticated, but I’ve found this helpful when a simple solution was all that was needed.
- The topic ‘Embedding Pages or ????’ is closed to new replies.