Thanks for getting in touch. The email schedules will only go to people that have upcoming things relevant to them.
For example, if you have 3 users: User A, User B and User C, and you create a viewing where only User A is attending, only User A will get the daily email.
If the scenario in question is different and you believe that the users should still be getting emails, my only other comments are:
1) Have you checked the users’ spam folders?
2) Do you use any kind of SMTP plugin on your site? And does that have an email log where you can see what emails are sent?
3) Are you able to provide any screenshots or examples?
I’m just trying to work out are the emails getting compiled and sent, but just not delivered for some reason (in which case it’s the emailing side of things we need to look at), or are they not being compiled at all (in which case its the Property Hive add on we need to look at).
Thanks for your reply.
So currently I am using the email add-on to send key dates to the landlords. So I have some test properties in there with some dummy key dates, and want these to be emailed to the landlord.
Does this mean I need to associate users/landlords with the properties I have set-up rather than WordPress users, so the relevant key dates for those properties will go to those users? If so, is this done under the “Property Owner/Landlord” section when editing a property?
To answer your questions:
1) Have you checked the users’ spam folders? – Yes
2) Do you use any kind of SMTP plugin on your site? And does that have an email log where you can see what emails are sent? – No, but I do have an email log plugin which didn’t record any emails sent to other WordPress users
3) Are you able to provide any screenshots or examples? – I will need to now wait until tomorrow for the email to trigger again (I assume no way to manually trigger emails for the Daily Email Schedule add-on?) and then I can send some screenshots.
I think you’re using it in a way in it’s not really been intended. The daily email schedule is intended to be used internally for staff members of the estate agency to let them know that they’ve got coming up that day. It’s not intended to be used for landlords.
There’s also a danger in doing this that if you create an appointment that’s not assigned to any staff members it would get sent to ALL landlords.
We don’t have any functionality at present to send landlords the management key dates reminders.
Right ok, I understand.
In that case, where do I add the staff email addresses who need to get these emails? I initially thought adding them as a WordPress user would suffice.
So for example, 3 staff work for the company administering this property portal, and all of them need to be emailed the daily schedule for key dates etc so they can then make the necessary arrangements etc.
@shaikh441 Yes they would need to exist as standard WP users and it would use the email address entered against their user.
On a property you then select the negotiator, and only the negotiator responsible for the property in question will get the key dates reminders specific to that tenancy.
So if a Gas Safety check is due on 123 High Street and Joe Bloggs is the negotiator, only Joe Bloggs will get that reminder.