Yes, I saw this:
You can also provide feeds to only specific categories on your site by adding the following to the end of the link:
But I don't want a link. I'm trying to make a "private" rss feed to automatically push data to another site. I realize this isn't a typical application of rss feeds and obviously know nothing about this.
So, could I:
- have the category for colleague
- make sure that category doesn't display on my site
- [magic to make the category an rss feed]
- have a category on the colleagues site that pulls in the rss feed and styles to match that site.
- [include image url from my site so the colleague site can have a bigger image than a thumbnail]
The big question is #3, the magic bit. Do I need to take the rss code of the header for all pages? But put it in a header only for the colleague category? But if the category doesn't display, how would that header ever be called?
The pulling in part of the feed to the colleague site should be easy to figure out but I can't wrap my head around how to push feed out of my site.