I’m new to WordPress, and totally new to CSS/PHP. I’m after two blogs on the same domain, which I’d ideally like to have different banners, different archives, etc. My site is http://www.ultimaratioregum.co.uk/
Currently, one WordPress installation is installed to the domain, so that homepage takes you to the first blog. The second blog can be found by going to any of the ‘Academia’ links, which take you to the second one, which is installed to /academic-blog/. I’ve scoured the huge book on WordPress I’ve bought and looked for answers online, but I still have a few questions:
– Is two installations the right way to go about this? Lacking more complex programming knowledge, I think it is…
– Will the two blogs reinforce each other on search engines? Which is to say – if each blog has 50 links to it, say, will my website per se function as if it has 100 links, or will my homepage, and the academic blog homepage each function with 50?
– Is there a way to run both the blogs on the same WordPress installation, so I don’t have to mess around wit two usernames, etc?
– Have I made some other colossal mistake here that wasn’t mentioned in either of my three previous questions?
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Easiest two-blog method for non-experienced user’ is closed to new replies.