So I am not able to get the visual editor or the text editor to function in the WordPress install on my server. I cannot edit content that was ported over and I cannot add new content other than creating the page itself. Before I am referred to one of the many links on this subject, I have done the following:
1. Disabled all plug-ins: I renamed the plugins file plugins.hold. The text editor appears ONCE with content on only one post. If you click to Visual Editor, everything “disappears” If you go back to “text” and hit CTRL-A and refresh the browser, the content shows up again in the Text editor. BUT, as soon as you click Visual, it’s gone again.
2. I have added define(‘SCRIPT_DEBUG’,true); to my config file.
3. I put my fist in the screen
4. I reinstalled WP 3.9
5. I made sure the visual editor is enabled for my profile
6. I have tried firefox, Safari and Chrome – same problem.
Any other thoughts on where to look next? This editor issue started with the upgrade to 3.9. Is there a way to revert to an old version of WP without a full install?
- The topic ‘Editor for Posts/Pages not Functioning’ is closed to new replies.