The Edit Post page is acting really, really weird for one of my posts, and just fine on all others.
On this one page, here's what's weird:
- html code appears in visual editor (and html editor) ... in fact the edit window opens on the "visual" view with the "html" tools at the top. when i switch to html, the tab changes but nothing else. when i switch back to visual ...
- rich text controls disappear in visual editor (here's what that looks like - http://radiopie.org/closeandfar/misc/wp-weird.jpg)
- none of the media insert buttons work
- the "edit" functions for Status, Visibility and Publishing date do nothing (except when i click on Visibility, it scrolls halfway down the page?)
- the tags which appear on the published post and in the post list do not appear under tags
- on the left sidebar, nothing expands when i click on the menu expanding arrows by each section (keep in mind, these work a-o-k on every other view in my control panel.
- comments for this post, which appear on the blog and in the dashboard, are no longer visible on this page.
- and the revision history no longer appears, either.
the last thing i did that did work was delete an embedded image and then re-embed a different image.
i have tried deactivating and re-activating several plugins. i have tried clearing my cache. i am working in chrome on a mac, and i have tried working in firefox and safari. i have tried creating a new post, which seems to work fine, and i'd just re-post this content, but i don't want to lose some of the comments that are attached to this post.
again, it's just this one post ... and i've checked posts in other wordpress blogs i run, and they all seem to be doing fine.
i'm pulling my hair out. any help will be greatly appreciated.