Support » Localhost Installs » Dreamweaver Wont Resolve Dynamics

  • Resolved SyntaxJO


    Hello, fine, fine people. This one is suicidal:

    Problem: Can’t get DW to resolve dynamically-related files from my clone of an existing live WP page.

    Method: I followed this to clone my existing WP site to the mac:

    In a nutshell:
    redirected the .com site in my etc/hosts to ‘localhost’.
    Installed MAMP and pointed document root RIGHT into the local folder that has the website (ie. localhost = dev_root).
    Created and imported the database.
    Everything worked fine in Chrome-local site was fully navigational.
    Opened DW and set the local Local Site Folder to dev_root.
    Setup a new server with local setting pointing at dev_root folder with a url of “http://localhost”.
    Set that server as remote AND test.
    Set Server Model to PHP/SQL
    Open index.php
    Get the error: “Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server.”

    I can only see it live-no design mode is possible.

    Set url in the DW server to “http://$”
    Moved website to a subdirectory in order to get out of having to redirect my http://$livesite URL to my localhost, and when I tried to access http://localhost/subdirectory to view the homepage I got a 404 with my page’s theme in full effect.

    I just can’t figure it out! Thank, everyone.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Dreamweaver Wont Resolve Dynamics’ is closed to new replies.