I hope someone can help me, this has been a problem for a while and i've been pulling my hair out over it. Here's the situation:
I have downloaded buddypress which involves customers registering and receiving a validation email. But they nor I receive any emails.
I have googled this problem, searched for hours, weekends trying to find an answer and it comes down to the fact that this is not a buddypress problem but is a case of wordpress or my host who is 1and1.
Many people have had problems dating back to 2006 on different plugins not being able to receive emails from wordpress and many have thought it to be their own host and many wordpress.
I have tried the following:
- Deleting all plugins and doing this separately - no luck!
- Contacting my host (1&1) and admissions for php - no luck!
- Using the plugin: WP-MAIL-SMTP with no other plugins activated and sending myself a test email - no luck!
- Using the plugin: MAIL FROM with no other plugins activated - no luck!
- Without buddypress installed - no luck!
Possible questions you may ask with an answer:
- The email I use is the one I use for wordpress and does work
- My account with 1&1 is a reseller account
- I use plesk
I am stuck, just cannot figure this out. And if anyone wishes to I can setup a admin for them to look at it, you never, you may get further then me.
Please someone help, before I give up this project all together!
- I will reply to all 24/7 :)