Hello. I just installed WP MU Domain Mapping 0.5.3 as advised by "Migrating Multiple Blogs": """Since Version 3.0, WordPress includes new multisite features, meaning that it can run many blogs, even with their own separate domains, on one WordPress installation."""
This is not working for me. I suspect that perhaps I am just not understanding something correctly? Here is my understanding...
- My WP is installed on the root of Verhampshire.com.
- I successfully activated a subdomain blog at ChinaBuffet.Verhampshire.com.
- I would like BrattleboroBuffet.com = ChinaBuffet.Verhampshire.com
- I would also like BrattleboroBuffet.com always to show in the browser... Is this possible...?
Using DirectAdmin website control panel, I "added" BrattleboroBuffet.com. This evidently results in a separate website. My DirectAdmin panel no longer shows its central page immediately, but two links for BrattleboroBuffet.com and Verhampshire.com... And the files show two paths:
DirectAdmin also posted its default index.htm at BrattleboroBuffet.com
In this configuration, I do not understand how there could be anything I might do with WordPress or Domain Mapping at Verhampshire.com that would redirect from another website into ChinaBuffet.Verhampshire.com...? So evidently I am not thinking in the right direction...?
- DirectAdmin has "site redirection" with a choice of 301, 302 or 303. These all work the same way, redirecting but changing the URL to ChinaBuffet.Verhampshire.com
- I am beginning to suspect this is all I can get. However if so, what is the point of the Domain Mapping plug-in...?
- Just don't get it. Thank you for help anyone.