1. I opened wp-config-sample.php
2. I deleted DB_NAME and stuck in the name of my db (keeping the two ‘ marks) – Should I have deleted the other side, where it says ‘wordpress’ and replaced that?
3. I renamed it and left it in the original folder.
4. I tried opening /wp-admin/install.php in my browser (Safari, Firefox) but it wouldn’t open, so I typed the local address in the bar and got the source code. No place to set up tables.
Don’t I have to put in the address of my (mySQL) db somewhere?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- The topic ‘Don’t get the install process’ is closed to new replies.