I’ve been searching everywhere without a clear answer, so I think it’s better to ask the question.
Is it possible to map a domain name with its own IP to a wp 3.0 installation on another IP?
I have wordpress installed on my-cool-domainname.com on IP 10.20.30.40 and created a second site trough WP3.0 called testsite1.my-cool-domainname.com.com
I have a domain name called memyselfandi.com on IP 184.108.40.206 and I want to map it to testsite1.my-cool-domainname.com but keep 220.127.116.11 as the domains IP and see the the IP 18.104.22.168 when I ping memyselfandi.com and NOT 10.20.30.40.
Should I use CNAME?
In the DNS options from memyselfandi.com what of these options to fill in exactly to make it work?
– www CNAME my-cool-domainname.com
– memyselfandi.com CNAME my-cool-domainname.com
– http://www.memyselfandi.com CNAME my-cool-domainname.com
– http://www.memyselfandi.com. CNAME my-cool-domainname.com
or any other suggestions?
- The topic ‘Domain mapping with different IP’s and 1 installation on server.’ is closed to new replies.