I have domain (domain1.com) and installed wpmu on its sub domain (subdomain.domain1.com) and configure it using “folder” option, when it ask while configuring wp for multisite. and create a site on it subdomain.domain1.com/site. I also register another domain (domain2.com)
now I want to use domain mapping from this -subdomain.domain1.com/site to this- domain2.com. For mapping i use ip address, and i get my ip address from my domain’s A record.
but when i open subdomain.domain1.com/site it goes to domain2.com but show the default page and the url is something like domain2.com/defaultwebpage.cgi
Now my questions are
1) I am using shared hosting, is it work on shared or not,
2) if possible on shared, then is it good to go for ip address instead of cname for domain mapping
3) domain1.com and domain2.com both are on the same hosting, so ip address will be same for both domains, is it creating the problem
4)I create a cname – name-domain2..com value-www.domain2.com, is it the problem
5) I add a A record to it name-domain2..com value-ip address ( ip address which i got from domain1.com’s A record, is it the problem.
I try my best to explain the problem.
Any help ….
- The topic ‘domain mapping on shared hosting and wp on subdomain’ is closed to new replies.