[resolved] Domain mapping not working on one site (6 posts)

  1. Nicole
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I updated to 3.5.1 and most of the sites on my network are fine....main site is http://creativenicole.com. Sub sites are

    But for some reason one of the sites is not mapping correctly--atlantaworkshopplayers.com. I went through the site and changed all the links that used atlantaworkshopplayers.creativenicole.com to be atlantaworkshopplayers.com so that the images would show and the page links would work, but it should work either way as it did before. It's not set up any different than my other sites.

    I noticed on the upgrade that all of the image files and pages now show the "creativenicole" part of the network name, whereas they didn't before. But everything still works on my other sites, just not this one for some reason.

    Anyone experiencing similar issues or know what could be the problem?

  2. Nicole
    Posted 2 years ago #

    But http://atlantaworkshopplayers.creativenicole.com does not work. It should resolve to atlantaworkshopplayers.com but it doesn't. All of my other sites do.

  3. Are you 100% sure that's the right site URL?

  4. Nicole
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Yes, I'm 100% that that is the URL that has worked until this morning. This morning I woke up to a site that had zero images showing because every image path had the .creativenicole in it, even though they have worked for the last 6 months while the site has been up. Once I removed that part of each image path, they all worked, but it should work either way. Before, the .creativenicole part was hidden once it went live, but for some reason it showed up again and then nothing worked.

    I have 20 sites all set up on this network that use SITENAME.creativenicole.com and then are all mapped to their specific sites using the exact same domain mapping tool that I'm using on this site. I am just confused as to why this one does not work. Unfortunately this stuff gets a little over my head. At least I know how to make it work for now, but it still seems like something is wrong in the fact that I can't get to the directory in which it was built: http://atlantaworkshopplayers.creativenicole.com

  5. Nicole
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Ok, I feel like an idiot for not checking this first, but somehow the original site http://atlantaworkshopplayers.creativenicole.com got deleted from the tools - domain mapping section. I added it back and all is good. Sometimes I guess the answer is a lot more simple.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic