I have been struggling with domain mapping configuration for the last few days, hope somebody from here can help me out, thanks in advance!!!
Here is what I have done:
1. both main domain and parked domain are registered at 1and1.com and hosted at dreamhost.com (shared hosting account)
2. Installed WP 3.0.1 at the main domain and configured domain mapping plugin, I can visit http://maindomain/parkeddomain from browser without any problem.
3. at 1and1 domain configuration, set main domain’s DNS pointing to dreamhost’s DNS servers
4.at 1and1 domain configuration, set parked domain’s A record to main domain’s IP (not sure if this is correct)
5. at dreamhost, added parked domain as parked domain, not fully hosted.
when i browse to http://parkeddomain, I get the error <<error id: “bad_httpd_conf” >>, this is the custom error from dreamhost indicting the IP of the parked domain is resolving to an Apache web server not configured for the domain.
Can anybody spot any problem with my above configuration or any steps missing?
Really appreciate your input and help on this!
- The topic ‘Domain Mapping Configuration’ is closed to new replies.