Support » Plugin: A/B Audio Sync » doesnt work on mobiles and different browsers at all

  • Resolved mcpeanut

    (@mcpeanut)


    Ok after building a complete site there seems to be problems on mobile browsers tried in safari and in google chrome etc, also seems there are problems preloading the audio even when using preload, try it yourself on your plugin example page, first clear all your browser cache and data, you will see the button doesnt work to start playing the tracks unless you have first clicked the play buttons on each track first, then try on an iphone 6, on chrome and other browsers on iphone 6 both tracks play together if you can get the play button to even be clickable. also the controls dissapear on apple devices and on android devices too. it seems to only work correctly mainly on desktops and androids using google chrome, it can be random with other browsers even on desktops as the prreload just doesnt work. I am now at a point where I am stuck bro, your plugin is one of a kind and cannot find a replacement anywhere for doing the same thing that actually works properly across browsers and devices. any insights on this please? you only need to test on different devices and browsers to see all of these problems ebven on your own plugin demonstration.

    • This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by mcpeanut.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author jcornutt

    (@jcornutt)

    Yes, I’m aware that it doesn’t work on mobile. That’s a limitation of the native HTML5 audio object and will be replaced in the next versions with something more compatible.

    Plugin Author jcornutt

    (@jcornutt)

    This should be (mostly) resolved in version 1.0.0. It now uses Web Audio API instead of HTML5 audio and I’ve tested on a couple of Android-based devices and an iPhone 6. Unfortunately, there’s no silver bullet for this problem and it’s never going to be compatible with all devices running all browsers. It’s newer tech that isn’t fully adopted (properly) and browsers that break compliance with the spec can’t be trusted to work. I’ve added workarounds for iOS devices and Android seems to work OK as-is, but I’ll need logs to try and workaround issues with other setups.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘doesnt work on mobiles and different browsers at all’ is closed to new replies.