Support » Plugin: Site Kit by Google - Analytics, Search Console, AdSense, Speed » Doesn’t support multidomain config

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Support James Osborne

    (@jamesosborne)

    @sirlouen Thanks for reporting, very useful feedback. As you’ve seen with one of the referenced GitHub issues we’re currently investigating various language and other plugins that provide URL redirections or modifications, while looking into ways to mitigate any such setup issues. At present what you’ve done in temporarily deactivating your language plugin during setup is advisable, good to hear you were able to get setup.

    In relation to using multiple TLD’s are you using a network setup or setting up individually (example.es, example.com)? If individually there should be no issues using different TLDs, with Site Kit connecting to or creating different Search Console properties per domain.

    Thread Starter SirLouen

    (@sirlouen)

    @jamesosborne WPML offers its own multidomain config system by selecting which domain will be for each language. I only have to create the server config files to point the domain to the WP directory.

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen thanks so much for the details. I’m trying to recreate the issue using the WPML settings for different domains per language, but do not encounter the error with my configuration. A few questions:

    1) Could you confirm your WordPress Address and Site Address under Settings > General from the WordPress dashboard? Here’s where they are located.

    2) Are you managing the different domains via the server configuration referenced in the linked documentation above (under “Setting up your HTTP server”) or are you using the Cpanel?

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen I’m following up on your support topic. Are you able to provide the information requested above?

    Thread Starter SirLouen

    (@sirlouen)

    Hello @reneesoffice did not receive a notification for your first post!! Thanks for the follow up

    I have both wp_siteurl and home wp_home locked down in the wp-config, https://neocynicism.com

    I have my server configured in a VPS with apache. Both VirtualHosts pointing to the wp folder

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen thanks for these details. We’ll do some further investigation on our side and keep you updated on the status of improving compatibility.

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen thanks for your patience thus far. We’re working on WMPL compatibility so I would like to ask some additional questions about your setup.

    I wasn’t able to recreate the error you experienced with a similar setup on a VPS following the instructions in WPML for setting up your HTTP server and defining the wp_siteurl and wp_home in the wp-config.php file. I am curious if there is something in particular about your setup that is conflicting.

    The 404 you mentioned indicates that Site Kit was picking up both URLs at some point to define where it should redirect back to the WordPress admin. When I check the rest route for the Spanish version of your site (appending ?rest_route=/ to the URL) I see the wp_siteurl is the Spanish site address and the wp_home is the English site address. In my set up, both of those values match for both languages respectively.

    Could there be another place where this is defined in your setup? Or could there be another plugin involved with affecting the admin pages of your site? If you’d like to share your Site Health information that could be helpful. You can alternatively use this form.

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen if you could additionally check if updating to version 1.7.0 resolves this issue for you that would be great. Thank you!

    Thread Starter SirLouen

    (@sirlouen)

    Ok @reneesoffice I will check. Somehow I’m not sure what I did some months ago, and I was able to bypass the issue. So I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to retest it successfully. I’m going to try.

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen I hope you’ve been well. I’m just following up to see if you had a chance check the above. Much appreciation for any feedback you can provide.

    Plugin Support Renee Johnson

    (@reneesoffice)

    @sirlouen we released a fix in version 1.8.0. Since we have not heard from you, I am closing your topic. However, if this issue still persists, please do open a new topic. We’d be happy to assist.

    Thread Starter SirLouen

    (@sirlouen)

    The issue seems to be solved. I’ve been able to test it again and it works properly.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.