In summary, other LJ export/import tools work fine, but this one does not. This one also does not take input from other tools that do work. In other words, this plugin is useless if you have more than 200-300 posts in LJ.
In detail, this plugin constantly bans itself within seconds. It’s impossible to download an LJ with more than just a few entries.
* Developers whine “Talk to LJ, it’s not our fault”.
* I can download my whole journal using ljArchive in about 2 minutes. I can export to an XML file with comments, moods, etc.
* This plugin doesn’t support importing an LJ from XML.
* The old plugins are only buried in old downloads,
but they require re-coding to support current WP.
Basically, this is too low of a priority to get development effort, but that doesn’t make this a good plugin. It’s just the reason why this is a bad plugin.
Also, it’s the reason why there is no functioning LJ import into WP for larger journals.
- The topic ‘Doesn't rate limit – bans itself (error 406)’ is closed to new replies.