Does Some Things Well, Could Use Some Improvement
Well, to start off with, at least it was able to retrieve my Tweets, something that the two previous plugins that I tried was unable to do. There are some problems, however.
- It displays links in the tweet correctly, but I would like to see the link open in a new window instead of the current one.
- There doesn’t seem to be enough space allocated to the tweet. Some of my longer tweets overlap the widget below it. Plus there’s too much white space between the widget title and the tweet. I could probably fix it myself in the CSS file.
- Ampersands in tweets display as & (ie, the HTML escape code for an ampersand). For example, “one & two” displays as “one & two”. This should be fixed.
- It would be nice to see the date (and possibly the time) of the tweet, because some of time references of a tweet use the tweet date as a reference point. For example, if I tweet “There’s a game tomorrow,” and a visitor to my web site happens to see it during the following week, they may get confused because they won’t see the date of the tweet and think there is actually a game on the next day when the game date has already passed.
Mainly because of the last item, I can’t use this plug-in, but I will be following it to see if there have been any updates in case I might have to come back to it.
- The topic ‘Does Some Things Well, Could Use Some Improvement’ is closed to new replies.