• Resolved Eric Malalel

    (@teachlynx)


    Hello and thanks for this plugin.

    I have installed and network activated it on a domain based WordPress multisite install.

    It works on the main site of the network but not on any other sites of the network.

    If I network deactivate it and then activate it site by site, then it works on any site where I individually activated it.

    Is this the normal behavior or did I missed something?

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Eric Malalel.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author Alan Fuller

    (@alanfuller)

    It does sound strange, as there is very little that I thought would impact a multi site. In fact my original development was for a multi site.

    I can’t see much difference at a technical level between network activating or individual activation, as there is no internal code in the plugin that differentiates.

    I will test when I get a chance.

    Can you elaborate how you tested that it was working / not working? What was your test? Also can I check, you are aware that the plugin deliberately does nothing if you are logged in ( in is designed to stop external enumeration only )?

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Alan Fuller.
    Thread Starter Eric Malalel

    (@teachlynx)

    I read the other support posts so yes, I was logged out when doing my tests.

    I test using this URL:

    https://%%domain%%/wp-json/wp/v2/users

    When I network activate, it works when %%domain%% is the name of the main site domain, but does not work on any other site domain of the same multisite install.

    Plugin Author Alan Fuller

    (@alanfuller)

    Thanks for that – it sound like something related to the rest API. I will test and revert back.

    Are you using sub site multi site or sub directory? Are you using any domain mapping on top?

    Thanks for bring this to my attention.

    Thread Starter Eric Malalel

    (@teachlynx)

    I am using domain based multisite where each site has its own domain and there is no parent/child relationships between these domains.

    I am using Microsoft IIS as web server and set up rewrite rules accordingly, everything works fine.

    As I am a bit in a hurry (sorry), I have deactivated your plugin and added a piece of code in the child theme I use to deactivate the WP REST API, so now user enumaration through REST API is no longer available.

    Thread Starter Eric Malalel

    (@teachlynx)

    After some more tests, deactivating the whole REST API is a bit violent, so i have to move back.

    Any solution on your side will therefore be much appreciated.

    Plugin Author Alan Fuller

    (@alanfuller)

    Thanks we have tested it and that is right.

    Next step is to work out a solution. With the holiday break that won’t be instant I’m afraid. But I will work it out and revert back.

    Thread Starter Eric Malalel

    (@teachlynx)

    for sure, have a nice holiday season and I hope to hear good news from you next year.

    Plugin Author Alan Fuller

    (@alanfuller)

    Sorry it has taken a while, took a bit to get debugging working on multi-site.

    That is now fixed in version 1.4.6

    It was just not setting the default options early enough for network activation.

    With 20-20 hindsight you could have worked around simply by saving settings in each sub site.

    Anyway that is fixed now.

    Thread Starter Eric Malalel

    (@teachlynx)

    Thanks, it works fine

    Plugin Author Alan Fuller

    (@alanfuller)

    Thanks for confirming.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘does not work on domain based multisite install’ is closed to new replies.