I know several people in the past have asked about document libraries, modifying Media Library for pdf and .doc files, etc, but they tend to go unanswered, I am assuming because there is no single plugin to do what people need. So here is a request to find plugins to do the individual things that I’m trying to accomplish:
Create a document library that allows for
- easy categorization and display (I can use the built in categories system as described here, but would prefer an explorer style tree structure)
- Multiple categories per post (internal WP system is fine)
- Independence of search from the main blog so that I can find only articles in the document library (a search box that requires a custom field perhaps?)
- Ratings for individual posts/articles
- Display of views/comments in the search area
- weighted tag clouds
- Tag searches
- Embed docstoc or scribd PDF or doc files
See images here and here for quick and to the point details.
(note: on the second image, ratings should not have disappeared)
These images are taken from the vivvo.net CMS plugin section, for reference
Where help is needed
I don’t know what plugins would work best for:
I’m also not sure what would be better as a template modification or as a plugin, so if anyone could help clarify, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for your time, hopefully we can find a way to build this document library, together!
If you want to embed a docstoc file, there’s no easier way than Lizzer. We built it to do just that. It’s a bookmarklet that you launch from your browser and can use when you’re in WordPress.
Check it out at http://lizzer.com (it’s free).
Let me know what you think. I’m a huge WP fan.
- The topic ‘Document library – with image examples’ is closed to new replies.