Display problems FF / IE
Before I explain my problem, I better warn that I am somewhat of a novice to WordPress and coding in general. This is my first attempt to try make a site. So bear in mind that my problems may stem from pure ignorance. I do hope that you are willing / able to help me anyway… Oh, and just to make things worse, English isn’t my frst langage.
Problem in short:
I am working on this site
I keep getting display errors either in IE or in FF (or both): Mismatching colours, alignment of graphix out of whach in one browser or the other, misplacement of the search icon.
– I found a template that looked somewhat like what I had in mind and decided to change the picture files and colour codes. Figured it would be the easiest.
– Apart from icons there were three picture files: top, a page that loops and a footer. Top was jpg and the two others and icons were png.
– I got the colouring and graphix alignment set for all files in FF.
– IE looked awful. The colouring of the jpg and png wasn’t at all the same.
– I changed footer and page to jpg and changed that bit in code as well. That helped on the IE, but resulted in FF getting a bit crazy (magnifier icon placed wrong and alignment of the blue frames got slightly messed up).
– Since then I’ve been doing a gazillion little tweaks of the picture files to make sure that they were spot on sizewise of the original pictures in the template. This helped FF a bit so that is currently almost spot on in the frames, but now EI is distorted again.
– I have also noted that the text of the sidebar isn’t displaying the sae in FF and IE. In IE it looks like proper headlines while in FF it’s not bolded. I am not sure when this occured or even if it was always there.
– If it makes any difference I better note, that I also changed the code in the footer which was encrypted using tips I read on this forum. I had the problems before doing this change though.
I am currently working on the site, so there might be a little variation in the probems there. But I am on somewhat of a deadline so I have trouble keeping my hands to myself while waiting for more qualified help!
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Display problems FF / IE’ is closed to new replies.