Display “Future Posts” Solutions
There are some topics about this subject, some good solutions, but I still need some help to completely solve it…
I found 3 ways to display future posts:
1) Hacking the query.php file:
I don´t like this solution, because you change the wp core for everything you post after that (could you keep scheduling posts?)
2) Install “The Future is Now” plugin
The plugin changes the status of your future posts to “published”, so every post will be displayed.
If you have a events page, you probably don´t want to display the past posts (events), so you have to filter that on your query. There is a topic discussing about that, with a good code by disbas to check the date and post just the future posts:
I tried this solution and it´s almost perfect… the point is: the filter is created after the query so, although the past posts doesn´t be displayed, they are considered by the loop, so an exemple: if you have configured the WP to show 10 posts in your page, and have 7 past posts now, the page will show just 3 posts instead 10, and then paginate it for the next 10…
I could´n find a solution for that, any help would be great!
3) Don´t install “The Furure is Now” plugin, and change the query inside the pages to display just the future posts (post_status=future):
- I think it should be the best solution (for me!), since I didn´t to change the WP core, install plugins… but still have some point: In my case, I want to limit the posts displayed by a future date, like a “weekly events calendar”. So I still need to use some “date check” filter, like the solution 2. It means I still have the problem with pagination, not on the beginning, but on the end of the posts. The “pagination system” will consider my “very future” posts and create a blank page, after my post limit. It´s not a big deal, but I think it could be solved, right?
So, that´s it. I tried to compile the subject here, to get the life of the searchers easiest! And, of course, to find answers to my questions! 😉
Thanks everybody and I´m sorry about my poor english!
- 1) Hacking the query.php file:
- The topic ‘Display “Future Posts” Solutions’ is closed to new replies.