I see what you're saying. I looked at your other page that does still have the hashing in the background to compare. Here's one possibility that you might want to consider. In regards to the page without hashing within your posting I noticed that you used the / backslash symbol several times. You may want to take those out of your post and replace it with something else. It may be a long shot and not provide a solution, but I had a similiar thing happen, which was only viewable with Mozilla, but not IE. I had used a character within a page I wrote and for whatever reason it affected the text within my sidebar. Once I took out the character from my post page the problem went away.
Again, it might be a long shot, but since it would be an easy fix it's worth a try. Hope that might be of help.