Directory permissions changed
So I am moving my wordpress site to another server. Should be rather simple tasks.
1. backup datatabase.
2. copy site folder onto a thumbdrive.
3. go to other server…. upload site from thumbdrive.
4. install database backup.
5. point router to new machine.
Of course ….. this did not work. The directory permissions changed during the processes of coping the site directory to the thumb drive.
1. Any idea how to fix this so the directory permissions do not change during the copy?
2. Any idea how I can change all of the directory permissions with one command? I attempted chmod -R 766 www but this changed the directories and files.
- The topic ‘Directory permissions changed’ is closed to new replies.