I want to create 3 different-looking sets of pages for the three distinct parts of my business.
It would be great if someone could advise me how to set up different headers/colours/page menus/widgets for the various page sets of my domain (and possibly different themes as well). . .
So far I’ve read the WP Codex, read the FAQ and searched this WP Support forum. I’ve found a lot of talk about WordPress MU, multiple domains, wildcard domains, networks, subdomains, subdirectories, etc – all very confusing. I suspect that some of the advice is no longer current, since MU has been superceded by later versions of WP. Also, many of the topics deal with using WP across several domain names, whereas I’m using only one domain name.
1. Do I need to set up a WP network with sub-domains to achieve my result? . . . . or a WP network with sub-directories?
2. If so, then do the “Create A Network” and “Before You Create A Network” Codex pages give the correct instructions?
3. Is there a simpler way to go?
4. Is there anything else I need to know?
[Currently using WP 3.3.2 with Twenty-Eleven theme, and can view my files on CPanel. My HTML skills extend to checking my pages for syntax errors and adding the odd line of code.]
PS: I tried the ‘Dynamic Headers’ plugin, but didn’t get the right result. I then downloaded the ‘WP Domains’ plugin, but other users seem to encounter some issues with it.
- The topic ‘different looks for different parts of domain – how to?’ is closed to new replies.