Development of Polylang version 0.6
I made available a development version of Polylang v0.6. You can download it here. I recommend to use it for tests only but all feedback and bug reports will be appreciated.
Changes are numerous:
* WordPress languages files are now automatically downloaded when creating a new langage
* Add the possibility to change the order of the languages in the language switcher
* Add the possibility to translate the site title, tagline and widgets titles
* Categories, post tags, featured image, page parent, page template and menu order are now copied when adding a new translation
* Translations are now accessibles in the “Posts”, “Pages”, “Categories” and “Post tags” admin panels
* Improve the dropdown language switcher widget (sends now to translated page or home page based on options)
* Move custom flags from polylang/local_flags to wp_content/polylang
* Add two options to “pll_the_languages” (‘hide_if_no_translation’ and ‘hide_current’). The function does not output ul tag anymore.
* Bug correction: Twenty eleven custom Header problem with v0.5.1
Important changes that may break things for people which customized the language switcher :
* The function “pll_the_languages” does not output ul tag anymore. I removed them to be consistent with functions of the same type in WordPress
* The custom flags directory has moved from polylang/local_flags to wp_content/polylang. This decision follows a discussion I had with Ipstenu
- The topic ‘Development of Polylang version 0.6’ is closed to new replies.