Development of Polylang v0.9
I just released a development version of Polylang v0.9 (versionned 0.9dev28)
There are lot of new features !
* Media translation support
* Persistant content language filter on admin side (WP 3.2+ required)
Once a language is choosen in the admin bar, all content is filtered: posts, pages, categories and so on.
* Biographical info translation
Every user can now have its biographical info translated in all languages
* Quick edit and bulk edit support for posts and pages
* Quick edit support for categories and tags (no bulk edit support)
* It is now possible to clean the strings translation database
By default, all translated strings are kept in database (even, for example, if a plugin which registered stings is deactivated or deleted). Now a checkbox allows the user to clean the database of unused strings.
* Multiline support for string translations
It is now possible to register strings for translations and specify that the input field must be multiline.
Ex: pll_register_string(‘name’, ‘my_string_to_translate’, true);
* The language is now defined earlier when always adding language code to url
Up to v0.8, the language was always defined in a function hooked to ‘wp’. Now, there are two cases:
1. When always adding the language code to url, the language is defined in a function hooked to the ‘setup_theme’ action. This is more or less how qTranslate and WPML work.
2. When the language is set from content (for posts, pages, categories and tags), the language is still defined in a function hooked to ‘wp’ as before.
* Search form:
In that case, it is still possible to disable the js code by setting the option PLL_SEARCH_FORM_JS to false
* The option PLL_SYNC has been suppressed and replaced by a checkbox in the language settings ui
* The PLL_DISPLAY_ALL option has been suppressed
However I am still working on the possibility to display posts with no language set on pages in all languages. For now, it is still very experimental and want to keep that separate from Polylang (don’t know yet if I will keep it as a separate plugin or if I will include it as a Polylang option) in the future. People interested can test the experimental plugin: http://pastebin.com/bsEM0P2R
* Deprecated functions cleaning
The old template tag ‘the_languages’ has been suppressed (replaced by ‘pll_the_languages’ since v0.5)
The function ‘pll_is_front_page’ has been removed (useless since 0.8.2)
All tests have been made with WP 3.4.1 and Twenty Ten. The doc has not been updated yet.
All people who want to test and report bugs are welcome !
Just a download link to the development version:
- The topic ‘Development of Polylang v0.9’ is closed to new replies.