Developer opinions – best contact form plugin
This is a broad question related to contact plugins. There are a lot of plugins out there; contact form 7, gravity forms, ninja forms, formidable, fast secure contact forms, to name a few.
I have previously used contact form 7 fairly exclusively, and it does a good job, but the CMS UI isn’t great, and the default styling is pretty poor requiring lots of overrides.
My question is – which do you think is the best?
I’m looking for:
- extensibility i.e. other plugins available to meet all kinds of situations, such as spam prevention, date pickers, third-party integration etc etc
- unobtrusive default front-end styling
- easy-to-use/attractive back-end UI for end-users
- storing/exporting responses
- flexibility with form inputs (bonus for html5 specific inputs)
I’m aware this is very subjective, and I’ve checked the reviews and ratings, but they’re much-of-a-muchness. I’ve also googled for decent comparisons, but no real luck.
I’m therefore particularly looking for answers from developers who have used a number of them, and who code on a daily basis (rather than site owners who can vouch for just the plugin they’re using, no-offense).
- The topic ‘Developer opinions – best contact form plugin’ is closed to new replies.