"Definitioner" shows up in excerpts
Title pretty much says it all. The word “Definitioner” shows up at the end of page excerpts (whatever’s before the ‘more’ tag).
We’re sorry you’re experiencing this problem.
Could you help us by providing more information like a screenshot of the problem or the theme you are using?
Thank you for the extra information, I will try to replicate and fix this problem.
For now I cannot express a time or date when this problem will be fixed.
Maybe I can add something to this post. When you view a wordpress site that uses this plugin in IE8, the definitions don’t show in the balloons, but underneath the page content. Maybe it’s related to the problem by the TS?
@yesterdish, the new version (4.0.1) is up and it should have fixed your problem, do note that this theme hasn’t been updated since 2009-07-16 – so unless you’re updating it yourself I would advise to change the theme or find support somewhere.
@abouttdesign Does the problem in IE8 still occur with the new version? If so I’ll add it to the list of things to check but seeing IE8 is an outdated browser I’m not sure how fast it will be fixed (depends on the amount of people asking for it)
Can’t comment on IE8, but the original problem is indeed resolved by 4.0.1–thank you!
Thanks for the update, but the problem in IE8 isn’t fixed. Actually, it got worse. If I open my website in IE8-mode now, it hangs for a while, the height of the website gets huge, and the text of the definitioner is still at the bottom of the page.
I had to deactivate the plugin for now because I still have quite some visitors who use IE8 (don’t ask me why…). I will try and look into it myself as well, maybe you could take another look too? Would really be appreciated!
As posted in another ticket, I’ll have a look at the IE8 problem and hopefully have it fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I’m trying to replicate the problem you’re experiencing in IE8, however so far all my attempts have failed and it keeps working.
Could you provide me with some more details? Like could you try setting WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php to TRUE and see if any errors come up.
What theme are you using (if I can try that one out myself) and have you tried using another theme to see if the problem persists there.
It could have something to do with other plugins you are using so if that list isn’t too big, could you share that?
I have found a bug myself that I’m going to fix that very well could be the problem you’re experiencing but because I cannot test this I cannot say for sure.
Thanks for the effort, but since version 4.0.2 no words are marked anymore whatsoever. No definitioner texts either. The whole dictionary does show up however when I use [explanatory-dictionary] on a page. (Also in the most recent Firefox or IE!)
WP_DEBUG doesn’t return any errors. I created my own theme, but also tested it with the Twenty Thirteen theme, this gives the same problem.
I tried deactivating all the other plugins, but no luck there. I use TinyMCE (Advanced), Contact Form 7, Multiple Featured Images and Social Master.
- The topic ‘"Definitioner" shows up in excerpts’ is closed to new replies.