I am having a quite odd case with WP today, and after spending about an hour searching on google and forums, can’t find any answers. I hope posting here might allow me some chance to get help from WordPress Wizards that lurks somewhere on this support forum 🙂
Anyway, my problem here is that I accidentally deleted page.php on my template (I am trying to remove all default template and make WordPress more personalized and customizing backend). I wanted to remove the template called ‘Default Template’ and make the template dropdown on pages shows like:
– Awesome Page Template
– Grid 2 sidebar
– Store contents
After I deleted page.php — the Default Template didn’t removed at all, I still got it, and I got no way to style or remove it. Adding to the problem is when I recopied page.php from my repository, I got DOUBLE template called ‘Default Template’ now!
I tried to replicate the problem by installing a fresh copy of WP 3.1.2 and duplicate 2010, and then I activate that duplicate. Here’s my steps:
1. Delete page.php and page-with-sidebar.php
2. Check pages, now I got ‘Default Template’, but no page.php
3. Recopied page.php
4. Check pages, now I got TWO ‘Default Template’
5. Switched to the original 2010 — check pages — works OK, with one ‘Default Template’ and one ‘Default Template with Sidebar’
6. Switched back to the modified 2010 — check pages — still got double ‘Default Template’
Now, what I see here is that this problem definitely happens because I deleted page.php — and it’s stuck on the Theme, not on the wordpress installation itself. To make the matter worse, I can’t find any file that is updated because of it — really amusing.
This is what looks close to what I have, but not really:
1. What should I do to fix the problem? I wanted to know if there is anyway to return the theme to recognize that we already got the page.php back.
2. How to remove the ‘Default Template’ from the dropdown lists of page template? Maybe through unset call on functions.php ?
Many thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Default Template accidentally deleted, now got TWO Default template’ is closed to new replies.