Our default meta description always appears in seach results, even for other language versions of our website, which we want to correct.
Now that I’m trying to delete the meta description in the the Yoast Meta Titles and Description mask, it says that my modifications have been saved, but when I leave the entry mask page and return to it, the content is still there. Is this a bug? How can we resolve it?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Got the same issue after yesterdays update so there is a serious bug that can affect many websites very negative if it’s not fixed
I just checked and literally copied the steps you outlined and I cannot reproduce this behaviour.
Steps I took:
* Add description mask to a post type and a taxonomy
* Remove both
* Leave the page
* Go back to the page -> both are still gone
Am I missing a step somewhere ?
Yes, these are the exact steps. I tried it with several browsers (IE 11, Chrome, Firefox) and it didn’t work.
Now, we tried putting spaces in the field and finally the text is gone. Nevertheless, will the plugin consider the meta description to be empty or will it use those spaces as the meta description?
Thanks again in advance!
Carolin, as I cannot reproduce the issue there is not much I can do about it.
Could you try deactivating all other plugins and changing to one of the WP standard themes to see if the issue is still there ? If not, another plugin/theme is interfering. Try activating them one by one to find out which one.
In the mean time, the way the plugin saves the value does trim away whitespace, so it should be properly empty now, but you can test this in two ways – testing both is the best way to verify:
1) Go to the WPSEO -> Titles & Meta’s page and click on the field and then the ‘end’ button on your keyboard (or CTRL+A). If nothing is selected and the cursor is at the start of the field, it is properly empty.
2) Go to a page/post/taxonomy for which this meta description applies, view the source of the page and check what’s in the meta description meta tag within the WPSEO block.
Hope this helps!
- The topic ‘Default meta description issue’ is closed to new replies.