To stop the war between support and non-support users of Gutenberg, I suggest some following features:
1. Allow us to set default block. For example, who love Classic Editor can set default block is Classic Block and the block will show at beginning when create a new post. We don’t need to add Classic block every time we create a new post. You may not need to create an option for this, just let the editor learn from users behavior: if they usually add Classic block at beginning so the editor will remember that and auto show Classic block at beginning.
2. Classic block will have [Insert Media] button like Classic Editor, so we can work with Images, Galleries, Videos, and Audios inside the Classic block like Classic Editor.
3. Add missing screen options: Authors, Trackbacks, Custom Fields and [New Post] button like classic Editor
Following these 1, 2, 3 will completely have Classic Editor INSIDE Gutenberg.
4. Have a hook to allow people to add more editors to Editor menus (where you can press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+M to switch between editors). This will help people have a way to add Classic Editor to their editor list and can switch in just 1 seconds without go to plugin page to active / deactive Classic Editor plugin. This hook will also help developers add their own editor / page builder (which can support columns and more complex blocks like nested blocks) to the editor list.
I hope these constructive suggestions will be welcome and hope you will join this topic to discuss even more about the future of WordPress editor.
Thanks for listening.
- The topic ‘Default Block at Beginning’ is closed to new replies.