Support » Plugin: DeepL Pro API translation plugin » DeepL changed their XML handling – TBU

  • ResolvedPlugin Author malaiac

    (@malaiac)


    Please stop sending me bug reports 🙂
    Yes, HTML translations for the last few days have been hectic.
    I didn’t change anything related to content handling and API requests.
    DeepL changed the way they handle XML.
    I asked them for clarification/updated and will get back to you as soon as possible

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thank you for your support @malaiac . We’ll stop bugging you. We only do this because we love your plugin 🙂

    Plugin Author malaiac

    (@malaiac)

    v1.6 solves at least part of the problem.
    (main bug is <!-- /wp_xxx --> getting translated to <!-- /wp_xxx --> or <!-- /wp_xxx --&gt (!)

    Thank you @malaiac .

    The Translation still breaks all sorts of columns (this block contains unexpected or invalid content – block recovery desn’t work).

    Any chance to handle that?

    Plugin Author malaiac

    (@malaiac)

    Could you send me a post_content
    with your nickname + deepl in the mail subject ?
    I got multiple reports on my mail ( my nickname at gmail ) but can’t find the most recent ones

    For sure, just wrote you an mail with all information.

    Plugin Author malaiac

    (@malaiac)

    Okay, so first full test shows that Gutenberg blocks marks and HTML blocks marked are smashed together when they return from the DeepL API.
    that of course breaks all Gutenberg layout

    Mail sent to DeepL for support

    Hi @malaiac have you already got an answer from DeepL?

    Plugin Author malaiac

    (@malaiac)

    I finally got an answer from a Deepl technical support engineer.

    It seems they have reverted something in the last few days. I get clean translations on Gutenberg again (tested on the sample content you wrote @nicomhr) and not the jumbled mess I saw last week. Would you care to do some test from scratch on your side ?

    Hi @malaiac thanks for your reply! I did a test on my site and it looks better now. The only thing is that some words in the first column disappear (with the error – this block contains unexpected or invalid content) as soon as I make the translation. But I think I can deal with it (we are forced to using 5.7 maybe this is the reason for that).

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by nicomhr.
    Plugin Author malaiac

    (@malaiac)

    So … DeepL seems to have changed something in their tag handling . Some of my many mails may have contributed to the improvment.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘DeepL changed their XML handling – TBU’ is closed to new replies.