I have a multisite install using domain mapping and sub-directories. I current have two mapped domains and my main domain. I understand that I have to purchase a dedicated IP in order to activate an SSL certificate.
1. Purchasing a dedicated IP will mean that all my sites (within my multisite network) share one IP address, and my sites are the ONLY ones on the IP address. Right? This would mean that my network has a dedicated IP and it would be impossible for each individual mapped domain to have a dedicated IP?
2. Say I want each of my sites (within my multisite network) to be able to use one SSL. Is this possible? Will I be able to use one for all?
3. If my entire network is covered under one SSL, that means I can handle secure transactions from each site’s shopping cart, right? So the main domain which my mapped domains stem off of AND the two mapped domains will also show a padlock along with https:// as opposed to http://?
4. If one SSL doesn’t cover all domains with my multisite network, then how do I go about assigning an SSL to each mapped domain (parked domains)? I’d have to pay $45 a year for each one?
I appreciate every response if it is related at all to this issue!!!! I am here to learn! Thank you!
- The topic ‘Dedicated IP and SSL’ is closed to new replies.