I have my own server running RedHat. Apache is running fine, as is PHP and MySQL on various other domains on the server.
For some reason, though, I can not get the WP Install file to run since it tells me it had trouble connecting to my Database.
I’m stumped as to what I should look for to determine the actual problem.
Some more information on our server:
– Mambo is set up and is running fine with the same config info (localhost name, for instance)
– Both the DB user for Mambo and the DB user for WP are set up with the same permissions.
Some things I’ve tried/found:
– tried using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost
– checked the mysql log…no indication of any attempt of a connection from WP
– checked permissions on the DB user I have set up in WP’s config file (as well as the password)
– stopped and restarted MySQL on the server
Is there anyway to get a more specific error out of WP or are there any more obvious things I should be checking for?
- The topic ‘Debugging MySQL connection on my own server?’ is closed to new replies.