[Resolved] Deactivating/Activating UPTM may cause custom field data loss
Deactivating and reactivating Ultimate Post Type Manager 1.6.8 may cause custom field data loss if the data was stored using multiple checkboxes for a field.
1. Create a custom post type “foo” with a custom field attached who has values “A”, “B”, and “C” available as checkboxes.
2. Create a new “foo”, check off “A”, “B”, “C”
3. Save – confirm you see “A”, “B”, “C” checked off.
4. Go to Plugins and deactivate UPTM
5. Enable UPTM
6. Edit the “foo” your created – the fields are no longer checked off
THERE IS NO WORKAROUND – THIS IS A CRITICAL BUG THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE DATA WITH NO RECOVERY EXCEPT FROM A DATABASE BACKUP IF YOU HAVE ONE.
I went into the database and examined the wp_postmeta before deactivate/reactivate and after. Here’s before:
DO NOT DEACTIVATE/REACTIVATE THIS PLUGIN UNTIL THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FIXED BY XYDAC.
XYDAC – I’ll try to help with this but first I have to try to recover as much data as possible from a backup file.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Deactivating/Activating UPTM may cause custom field data loss’ is closed to new replies.