[Resolved] Date order
Can you please tell me where in the current version of this plugin code is the function to show reviews in order of newest (first) to oldest (last)?
I have hacked version 1.4 pretty extensively in order to make it do the following necessary things:
– Display radio buttons to choose the category for the review (so that we can display the form on only one page but let reviewers choose which product category the review is for)
– Display the stars on aggregate snippets, removed the “out of 5 stars” text so it just shows the number of stars followed by “based on [x] reviews”
– Display the date the review was submitted after the reviewer’s name
– Added some custom classes to the output so that I don’t have to add a lot of extra styles to my style.css to force styles as I want them to be
I also fixed the function that displays full vs. empty stars in aggregates snippets, because if the average was less than 4, it only displayed the number of full stars plus 1 empty star (for example a product that averaged 3 stars would show 3 full stars plus 1 empty star, that made it look like 3 out of 4 possible, instead of 3 full stars plus 2 empty stars, which is the accurate average of 3 out of 5 possible).
SO NOW I can’t really update the plugin without having to go back and re-do all these hacks……if you can tell me where you put in the code to reverse the date order I’ll add that manually to my hacked-up version.
THANKS!! This really is a great plugin, much better than a lot of other review/testimonial plugins, we just needed it to do some very specific things so I had to modify it.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Date order’ is closed to new replies.