I'm not sure if this is the correct to post this question. If it's not, mods, please move it to the correct part of the forum :)
I've just started with a WP installation on my own site. I already have a WP journal on wordpress.com but this other site is going to be a bit different. Now I'm looking for a database plugin to help with the following:
I’m making a site related to Dragon Cave (amongst other things) . I want to display my dragons in various ways. I’m just wondering how to handle it all on the administrative side of things.
These are the details I want to include:
- Code of the dragon (4 or 5 digits)
- Name of the dragon
- Gender (male, female, unknown)
- Lineage (I have a few personal lineages on which I’m working and if the dragon is a part of the lineage, I want to display it)
- Army (I want to make an “army” of different breeds of dragons (Reds, Pinks)
- Breed (Currently Dragon Cave has more than 100 breeds; like Red, Pink, Albino, Sweetling, Blusang Lindwurm and others)
- Dragon Type (Common & Uncommon, Pygmies, Drakes, etc)
- Partner (A dragon can have one or more mates)
- Refusals (A dragon can refuse to mate with a certain other dragon, This is something I want to display too, just in case people would like to have an egg of a certain pair)
- Biome (which part of the cave the dragon was found, there are currently 6 different locations)
- Generation (For my own lineages I want to display of which generation the dragon is).
In the end I want to display the following information in my site:
- Lineages (Sorted by generation, displayed by pairings and others which are not paired yet)
- Armies (Reds, Pinks, etc)
- Other Dragons (the dragons which don’t belong in the above categories.
In the overview I want to have a picture with the name of the dragon and a link to the information of that dragon. (For the picture I need to include the codes, they’ll help me get a complete url for the picture).
Per dragon I want at least the pic, the name, partners and refusals and perhaps some other information.
Besides my current dragons I also want to include a wishlist with the breed name, pictures (egg, hatchling, maturing hatchling, adult).
I've found Pods, but it doesn't seem to have the answer for my "problem".
Currently I’m stuck on getting all the information per dragon in a “form” in WP admin. Since this is all personal I don’t want visitors to add information. I only want to display it for visitors.
Is there a way I can do this with Pods, or do I need to use another plugin or perhaps write one myself?
Oh, I’m new to WP programming, but I always like a challenge :grin:
Thanks for the help!