Database Not Recognizing Contents Following Localhost Migration
This is driving me crazy. I am migrating my site from a localhost to my server. So far, I:
- Exported my database from my localhost
- Did a find/replace within the database file for all localhost URLs and replaced them with my site URL
- Transferred all of my localhost files to the server with FTP
- Imported my database to the server, where I already had a database set up (had a simple Coming Soon page running)
When I logged into my admin panel, I noticed none of my pages, posts, settings, layouts, etc. where present. When I switched to the correct theme, it had none of my layouts or anything present.
First, I checked to make sure everything was correctly imported. When looking in my database on the server, I noticed that all of my tables are present.
Next, I figured that maybe the domain wasn’t recognizing my database for some reason. So I created a new post with the title “Database Test” and checked my database. However, I noticed that my new post was present, so it seems to be connected just fine.
It was then, however, that I noticed my posts I created on the localhost were NOT present. I looked around further and it seemed that none of my content was present, despite the correct tables being added.
In other words, my tables were imported but none of their contents.
Does anyone have any idea what may have happened here? I’m stumped (and I also despise databases enough already)!
- The topic ‘Database Not Recognizing Contents Following Localhost Migration’ is closed to new replies.