Support » Plugin: WordPress Popular Posts » Data Suddenly Gone (“All-time” still shows values)

  • Resolved FrPSh

    (@frpsh)


    Hey there! First off, kickass plugin.

    I’ve had this running on a client’s site for several months, getting a fair amount of traffic, but sometime within the last week or so the plugin stopped showing values. I get the “Sorry, no data so far.” message. We were using the “Last 30 days” setting – in a widget.

    The plugin admin page shows no data for any time span, other than “All-time” which still correctly displays the top 5 posts of all time.

    I’m not aware of any plugin or WP updates/changes that coincided with this, but we are using the latest version of both plugin & WP.

    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hi Hector,

    I was mistaken about running the latest version. My clients have a “disable plugin updates” plugin and I just assumed it was the latest when I did not see an update notice.

    We are running the latest WP version. I don’t know the site’s traffic numbers, but we were getting enough hits previously to show top posts based on 30 days, with Data Sampling enabled.

    I will try updating the plugin to see if that helps. Should I turn off data sampling as well?

    Thanks for your active support for this plugin – I appreciate it!

    Plugin Author Héctor Cabrera

    (@hcabrera)

    Ah, that’s it then @frpsh. WordPress 4.8.2 introduced a change that broke WPP down. I fixed that a few weeks ago with the 4.0 release. You guys will have to upgrade the plugin if you want to keep using it.

    I understand what you are saying Hector, but to be honest, I don’t feel like it is the problem here.

    You see, your WP Rocket has been installed at least 18 months ago and it always worked fine with your plugin.

    If I display the last 265 days (https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2914556/5a52f6bb24c3a2ad6e6a43f6f3926686), I don’t see any problem for that period of time. Nothing strange like what started to happen on September 20.

    Could it be an update of Wp Rocket? I will ask them to take a look at it.

    But, on your side, could you tell me more about that tracking.js file? I don’t have WpRocket activated when I’m logged as an admin and I don’t see any file named tracking.js in the source code of my pages. Please advise on this.

    Thanks!

    Plugin Author Héctor Cabrera

    (@hcabrera)

    Unfortunately it’s a bit late over here and I’m not near a computer right now @jaylacroix, so I’m replying from my phone here.

    You see, your WP Rocket has been installed at least 18 months ago and it always worked fine with your plugin.

    And how many times was WPP updated during that time? I can tell you: 0 times (ok, maybe once :P) It’s now when I introduced some changes that the plugin stopped working on your site, probably right after you updated it to 4.0.

    Again, experience tells me that when this happens a caching plugin is involved. And it makes sense (but I already explained all of this to you).

    The solution is pretty simple: flush WP Rocket’s cache and make sure its cache lifespan expires every 10-12 hours as the WP Rocket team themselves recommend. If you still have issues after doing that, then I’ll gladly take another look.

    ok, thanks, I’ll do this and make sure to follow up.

    I can also tell that I just realized that that the views count per post is way below what it should be! For instance, the 24 time period report 42 views for the new articles that was publish 10 hours ago. Google Analytics reports 793 pageviews for the same article.

    Looks like Rocket could be responsible for that.

    Thanks, and I’ll let you know how things goes over the next few days.

    Good night 🙂

    I had a similar problem and I was able to fix it. Maybe this will help others.
    I just updated from version 4.0.3 to version 4.0.9 and suddenly no data was shown.
    After looking carefully at the changes in the code I found out the issue.
    In MySQL, a field in the popularpostssummary table was using a different name, it was called “last_viewed” and now it’s called “view_datetime”.
    So I made the proper changes and I’m now back in business.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Data Suddenly Gone (“All-time” still shows values)’ is closed to new replies.