There were no errors during installation, and the Superadmin and main blog work. However, if I create a site, it won’t work. If the site’s admin logs in, wordpress will redirect them to some site which doesn’t exist. I can manually change properties of the site as Superadmin to make it work, but I’m guessing I shouldn’t have to.
1. Install WP
2. Install subdomain multisite
3. Create a site (“bob” in this case, user is “alice”) in the Superadmin’s site panel
4. Log in as alice. I am then redirected to http://www.lambyte.comlambyte_com_2bob, (which is my domain + wordpress’s database + site name) which does my browser tells me does not exist.
5. Clear my cookies and whatnot so that I can login as Superadmin
6. In the sites panel, edit the bob site’s
/bob/. Now everything works!
I am using Dreamhost.
Subdomain install of Multisite.
My database name is lambyte_com_2
Possibly relevant info from Superadmin Sites panel:
Editing Site - http://www.lambyte.comlambyte_com_2bob Site info (wp_blogs) --- Domain: http:// [lambyte.com] Path: [lambyte_com_2bob] ... Site options (wp_y2fek1_3_options) --- Siteurl: [http://www.lambyte.comlambyte_com_2bob/] ... Home: [http://www.lambyte.comlambyte_com_2bob/]
- The topic ‘Database name in multisite path’ is closed to new replies.