[Resolved] Dashboard Log In Troubles
After installing the WordPress HTTPS plug-in, I’ve run into a series of issues logging into my dashboard. In the plug-in settings, I enabled Force SSL Admin, which prevented my dashboard page (website.org/wp-login.php) from loading entirely. Thankfully, this was easily fixed by resetting the plugin’s settings in the https.php file by uncommenting the following code: define(‘WPHTTPS_RESET’, true);. I re-commented the code after successfully logging into my dashboard.
Subsequently, I took the following steps to ensure my entire site was running on HTTPS:
1. Changed my site’s URLs from http to https in the ‘General’ settings tab.
2. Set a filter in the HTTPS plug-in settings to ‘/’
3. Went to my theme’s functions.php file and added the following snippets under the </php line: update_option(‘siteurl’,’https://website.org’);
4. After uploading the above snippets, I removed them and re-uploaded.
Moments after performing these steps, I went back to my dashboard and found it had automatically logged me out. When I attempted to log in using my correct username and password, the log in page reloaded, with the username and password fields blank. I tried emptying my caches, etc., and trying again (with both accurate and invalid log in credentials), but it still kept emptying the credential fields and refusing to let me log in.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I may have made some mistakes along the way (such as using the ‘general’ settings tab to change the URLs over to https). Thanks in advance for your help!
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Dashboard Log In Troubles’ is closed to new replies.