customize post of multiple images
I’m building a theme and I’d like the user to be able to post an arbitrary number of images in a single post and have the post appear in a certain way. The images would belong to a certain kind of things. I suppose this would justify a category.
I’m not sure how to approach this and what would be the best way to realise it, so I’m asking for help. Things that are going around in my mind are Custom Post Types, Post Formats, Taxonomies, should I make the user use a multi-step process where he/she adds images to the Media library first etc.. I’m new to WordPress and haven’t used any of the paradigms mentioned above.
It should be possible to:
- sort images easily in an arbitrary way, preferably by drag & drop
- get multiple images at once
- add tags to each image (and perhaps the post itself)
- add a category to the post
- each image should get surrounded by html code
- add values to each image which are passed on its surrounding html code
I’d prefer to write custom code as opposed to using plug-ins because I think I’d learn more from it, but I’m not entirely opposed to plug-ins either if it can help me realise the above.
I’d be grateful for any suggestions on a good place to start.
- The topic ‘customize post of multiple images’ is closed to new replies.