So I've switched form AIOSEO to Yoost SEO only to find out that despite export having seemingly gone through fine that none of the title tags are the same as they had been before. So then I went to modify the setting for posts and pages, but none of them are respected by the script. I for example changed posts title template into this:
%%title%% %%page%% | %%sitename%% %%category%%
But instead of showing this sequence (matching what I had with AIOSEO), I get the same damn thing everywhere - separator is a dot and after the separator there is the name of the blog displayed.
What's even more annoying is that I can't have a custom index page title as the separator and the blog name are forced after the custom title by the script. Awful experience switching to this so far. The only thing it has going for itself are normal title tags for attachment pages, which AIOSEO doesn't have, but with everything else not working, I consider it a big step in the wrong direction switching.