I’ve created a custom post type (cpt) and two custom taxonomies (ctB) and (ctC).
Now I’m trying to set up the following templates:
The templates works fine as long as the taxonomy name doesn’t contain “å, ä, ö”. If they do – no posts shows up. If I replace “å, ä, ö” with “a, a, o” the listing of posts works fine, but the page looks like crap since the name isn’t correct Swedish.
So say that…
cpt = Product
ctB = Brand
…and then I create two products one called Örjan another called Stig, I put the first in the brand Åbergs and the second in Ericsson. The result would be:
– Örjan product page works fine.
– Stig product page works fine.
– Åbergs taxonomy page looks good apart from the fact that it can’t pull up the products for this brand.
– Ericsson taxonomy page works fine.
… If I now change ‘Åbergs’ to ‘Abergs’ that taxonomy page works as well.
Without having a clue what to do to fix this…
I’ve changed DB_COLLATE to utf8_swedish_ci in wp-config.php.
In the database I’ve also changed the collation for:
Not sure if it would help to change this too ‘wp_term_relationships’.
I’ve spent most of the day looking for similar issues and solutions but I haven’t found anything.
- The topic ‘Custom taxonomy encoding issue’ is closed to new replies.